Thursday, March 31, 2011

Valleys and Hills of the Past


On August 3rd, 2010 my life went through a dark valley! I have a joyous life, with lots of love, support, and happiness.  Life has always been easy for me, I know I have the Lord to thank for that.  Life to me is like climbing a huge mountain, it's hard along the way and then you reach the top and you feel exhilaration, success, and accomplishment! Then you start going down hill, life seems ok and then all of a sudden... EEEEK! You're stuck in a valley you need to get out of.  

My dark valley experienced happened when I tore my ACL at practice one night before the football season.  My world turned upside down, my sweet best friend, Brittany sprained her ankle seconds after my ACL tear.  It was like too much for one night, and it was so ironic for it to be the both of us together.  Why us Lord? We thought, we are the most positive, happy, smiley members of the team? 
Jesus will never give you more than you can handle, I know that and Brittany and I stayed positive through the whole process. 




After surgery August 31st of 2009, Cody and my sweet nephews "piling" love on me



Resting and recovering with my Codylove


Day of the First Cowboys home game, and some of my sweet teammates brought me flowers! And my BFF Kalee was there  to always lend a hand.  (that's me forcing myself to stay cheerful that tough day of not being on the field with my girls cheering)

Sending a special thanks to my family, friends, and especially Mom for all the prayers and encouragement.
For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. Phil 4:13

Still keeping our smiles on after hearing bad news! Nothing takes our glory away! 


No comments:

Post a Comment