Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Gastronome's of Santa Fe

Recently I had my 25th Birthday in Santa Fe with my 2 friends, Brittany, Mia, and my sweet Mum went too! We had the best time there and can't wait to go back already! Growing up in New Mexico, we had been there a few times before, but I was too young to appreciate the culture.  Now that I am older, and ya 25 seems old to me, I just fell in love with the "city different." I want to share "some" of my favorite places to eat at if you ever visit:
La Fonda Hotel, for breakfast! Not only do they have a wonderful place to stay with great service, but their breakfast is awesome! I had 2 days in a row, their blueberry pinon pancakes! 

The Shed, it's a cozy, adobe styled restaurant great for lunch, and for dinner, but you have to make advanced reservations, they fill up quick! I love their raspberry bisque cold soup with a hint of lime and sour cream!
Drum roll please......... and now for dinner, Geronimo's!!! I give it 5 stars! We had the best waiter, Paul! The atmosphere was like a modern, but cozy feel to it.  I had their Elk Steak! It's was full of flavor and cooked just right! Then we had the dessert sampler, and because it was my bday, we got the hook up! We celebrated with some complimentary champagne because our waiter loved us, and like I said was the best! We shared laughter, stories, and made some friends with the table next to us! It was a dinner to remember :)
Check out their menu and take your special someone to a nice dinner next time your in Santa Fe~

Another popular dinner place is the Pink Adobe! It's super cute, and has a great patio area! 

The Pink Adobe was established in 1944 by Rosalea Murphy. Known affectionately by locals as "The Pink," the restaurant has grown into a local and national landmark since its humble beginnings serving Dobe Burgers, French onion soup, and hot apple pie.


1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderous trip! Making me crave all those delectable foods all over again!!

    Zuni love,
    Aim ;)

    ReplyDelete