Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I don't care.....

"How do you get your nearest and dearest to change their behavior? Love them unconditionally says Martha Beck. And how do you do that? Simple: Stop giving a damn what they do."  

This articles first few lines caught my attention, and I soon had my nose in the magazine the whole flight to Tulsa.  I like to get inspiring books, or articles to read, because trashing peoples bodies and the "who cheated on who?" stories are just depressing and don't lift anyone up.  So, I got the "O" Magazine and found a article that hit the spot, just like a bowl of ice cream before bed. 
I learned to stop caring, and shift my focus from controlling my loved one's behavior, to creating my own happiness.  It is important to create my own happiness!!! I know we wish everyone would just do as we say, but it doesn't work that way so we need to find another route.  
I am going to work on being content in my life, even if the family is going through a crisis, or the man is being hardheaded, or you my friend won't take my advice.  I just want to be there for them and love them unconditionally.  Love conquers all!  Love and let love, live and let live!  If they must disagree, then you must not care!

"The love we give aways is the only love we keep." Elbert H 

Here is me not caring about the consequences after coloring the walls with lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment