Friday, June 10, 2011

Are you listening?

It is important to listen to your mother, she is always right, right? Well, this time my heart is what I need to stop and listen to.  Some of the best listeners are animals, what if they could talk, we would lose some of our best listeners.  One of the best gifts to give is listening.  Try it!  It's funny we have 2 ears and 1 mouth, that should be a big enough sign or gift that God gave us.  God also is not going to leave us in the dark or give us more than we can handle.  God wants you to be specific when you pray.  Right now one of my prayers is praying for clarity on something.  Have you ever got a "sign" and thought it happened for a reason?  Then you start to second guess yourself and think, Lord, I need another sign if this is you telling me something.  It's funny to ask for another sign from Him, but it's ok, and the Lord wants to guard and guide you if you trust in Him.  I am reminding myself everyday, that the Lord is in control if I just let go and let God.
Make sure you are slowing down enough to listen to Him and what your heart is telling you, if not, then you just might miss something very special He has planned for you.
 I pray that whoever needs a little guidance that the Lord will direct their paths to what He has planned for them, and listen whole-heartedly.  Remember no one listens until you fart! haha just kidding, but really it's kind of true.  I hope this blesses someone who needs to know we all go through valleys in life and you're not alone.  It's the mountains we climb that make us stronger and get us to the top!




"One of those listening was a woman from the city of Thyatira named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth. She was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul’s message."

Acts 16:14

No comments:

Post a Comment