Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Brett's Pumpkin Roll


Today Is My Brother Brett's Birthday and I would like to honor him by posting his notorious Pumpkin Roll!  He brings this every year to our Thanksgiving meal and I can't get enough of it.  I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.  


PUMPKIN ROLL


Beat 3 eggs
Add 1 cup of sugar
Beat again
Add:
2/3 cup pumpkin
1tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
Combine and beat

Grease cookie sheet (must be 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1)
line cookie sheet with wax paper
spread mixture on wax paper
bake 18 minutes @350 degrees

While baking, cover a tea towel (a very thin towel used for bread) with powder sugar using a sifter

Take pan the out of oven and let it fall on to the tea towel.  Peel off wax paper.  Roll up in powder sugar covered tea towel and put it in the fridge for 1 hour.

To make filling:
1 8oz cream cheese
1tsp vanilla
2 tsbls softned butter
1 cup powder sugar

Mix above ingredients
Take out pumpkin roll and unroll
Spread filling on flattened roll and roll back up and cover in foil and refrigerate for another hour and 
ENJOY!

My brother like to roll his tight and will say, "mines the best!" and I like to roll mine not so tight, so I can have a more "cakey" feel. So, roll as you please, just don't roll anything else ;) hehe





Happy Birthday Brett! I love you!







No comments:

Post a Comment